At Neenah, we have a long history – rooted in a proud heritage of paper making. For over 100 years, we’ve grown and evolved our technology, our methodologies, the materials we use and what we make. We’re laser-focused on increasing our organic growth trajectory and leading the market in platforms including Filtration Media, Digital & Specialty Coatings, Custom Engineered Solutions and Imaging & Packaging, enabled by both our culture and our capabilities.
Neenah is actively searching for an experienced procurement professional to join a growing and dynamic organization. The Mill Planner/Buyer will be responsible for all purchasing and material planning activities for the Quakertown, PA mill. The primary responsibilities of this position include material replenishment plans, inventory management, executing purchases for the mill as well as shipping and receiving leadership, day to day support of operations team and serve as primary contact for day to day issues with accounts payable and our supplier base. The role reports into the Northeast Procurement Manager with a strong dotted line to the mill manager.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drive improvements to support the Neenah’s Mill costs, operational, safety and quality objectives while maximizing the value of our spending
- Ensure that business requirements for materials and services are procured in a timely manner ensuring quality, service, lowest total cost in use
- Establish and manage sourcing strategies to support business objectives
- Act as an internal change agent to drive improvements in total cost in use throughout the mills
- Evaluate spending and utilization of materials to drive out cost
- Manage and ensure the application of established corporate and department controls within the organization by providing direction and support
- Ensure that purchase requirements for the business are processed in a timely manner in a way that minimizes risks and maximizes value
- Negotiate agreements for the facility outside of those managed by commodity managers which includes but is not limited to services, capital equipment, and outsourcing
- Collaborate with the corporate procurement team as well as other business units to share best practices and prices
- Act as liaison between centralized procurement team and the mill to share information about projects, needs and priorities.
- Actively participate with the mill leadership team to drive overall business unit results
- Manage vendor relationships to drive continuous improvement
- Leverage vendor relationships to bring products to market faster and ensure new technologies result in a competitive advantage to Neenah
- Manage vendors to promote quality improvement
- Manage vendors to eliminate supply chain inefficiencies
- Manage vendors to eliminate or mitigate supply chain risk
- Act as a communication facilitator between NPI and suppliers
- Represent and provide leadership for Neenah professionally both internally and externally for all Logistics and Purchasing needs for the mill
- Looks for opportunities to decrease costs and increase production efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Serve as primary contact for all purchase order changes/invoice approvals.
- Maintain accurate files and records on all purchasing documents.
- Negotiate agreements for the facility outside those managed by commodity managers which includes but not limited to services, capital equipment and outsourcing.
- Ongoing safety support including: inspections, hazard ID’s, (reporting in Velocity), keep work area neat, clean, organized and free of safety hazards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years prior related work experience in a procurement and/or manufacturing capacity
- Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with suppliers and internal customers
- Strong mathematical and computer/technology skills required
- Strong influencer to drive savings projects in others areas of responsibility as well as negotiate with suppliers
- Become subject matter expert (SME) for all purchasing and logistical needs in Oracle for mill
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize work demands
- Enjoys working with and collaborating with members of operations, engineering, maintenance, and supply chain teams
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed