An outstanding opportunity exists for the right person to join Neenah – Quakertown Mill management team.
The Operations Shift Supervisor will provide technical support and guidance to production crews to meet production and quality goals while emphasizing safe working practices and collaborating with maintenance to optimize equipment.
• Support and enforce mill safety rules/practices and act as a positive role model for employees.
• Ensure consistent product quality that exceeds customer expectations for value.
• Support asset leaders by providing technical expertise to modify existing mill process and/or add new processes that will improve quality and increase profitability.
• Provide direct shift supervision to hourly crews, including the assignment and direction of work, administration of training, expectation setting, and rule enforcement.
• Effectively communicate day-to-day information on critical and routine issues affecting productivity, quality, safety, personnel, and maintenance to shift successor, along with operations management, as needed.
• Exercise participative leadership that motivates employees to achieve department production/cost requirements.
• Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
• Drive hourly employee development to maximize individual and collective talent levels.
• Accountable for training that will provide qualified, trained and motivated employees.
• Direct and audit effective programs for good housekeeping throughout the mill to ensure a professional atmosphere.
• Administer mill policies properly and consistently.
• Four years of manufacturing supervisory or management experience; paper industry experience is highly preferable
• Five years of experience as a member of an operations crew.
• Demonstrated supervisory ability
• Or, any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Paper Science is preferred, though not required.
• Demonstrate solid decision making and leadership skills.
• Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and Oracle.
• Possess ambulatory capabilities to be able to walk extensively, climb, etc. in carrying out responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively in both written and oral form.
• Work beyond normal work schedule as necessary to fulfill position responsibilities.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed