Neenah is looking for an innovative Process Engineer to join our dynamic and growing team where your experience and efforts make a difference. This position will be located in Lowville, NY supporting our Neenah Lowville Mill. The incumbent will work within the Technical Department to support key initiatives and help drive and achieve short and long-term goals. The incumbent will report to the Technical Manager and is responsible for process and continuous improvement activities at the Lowville Mill. The primary challenge is to establish and achieve business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, 5S, continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Work on cost savings initiatives at Lowville
- Identify and resolve process and equipment problems
- Initiate creative and practical designs which meet expectations
- Implement engineering and scientific analysis principles
- Apply engineering standards and procedures
- Document work to ensure information is retrievable
- Provide engineering and problem-solving support to assist in the maximization of quality and uptime
- Control spending on projects to targets
- Supports safety initiatives by following policies and practices and providing safety leadership to others
- Utilize Toyota Production System (TPS) to help the Lowville mill to provide the quality and service required by our customers in the most cost effective manner possible
Safety and Quality Compliance
- Exercise personal leadership to provide an environment that puts a priority on providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees and conforms to applicable local, state, and federal codes and laws governing loss control.
- Support mill wide safety efforts to reduce accidents/incidents.
- Support leadership to meet or exceed the Quality management goals that will ensure conformance to all customer requirements.
Optimize our Cost Structure
- Develop and implement continuing cost improvement plans and programs as well as new capability development that ensures continuity and a competitive and profitable manufacturing facility.
- Relentlessly pursue the reduction of operating costs & maximum operating flexibility while maintaining a bias towards lean principles leadership.
- Position our assets to support growth initiatives through optimal balance of sustaining, cost saving and strategic capital spending.
- Lead the site’s Process/Product Continuous Improvement Initiatives using lean principles, active in kaizen events and Toyota Production System activities.
Experience in the following areas is strongly desired:
- Development and implementation of SOP’s and Manufacturing Best Practices
- Operational troubleshooting on paper converting machinery (coaters, embossers, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of coating chemistry
- Coordinating trials with vendors, plant operators, and product developmen
- A four year degree in paper science or related technical field is desired
- Prior related experience in a manufacturing environment (strongly preferred).
- A track record of proven performance/consistently meeting objectives, and supporting safety programs in a paper mill environment is a must!
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed