This entry level manufacturing position is responsible for working with Finishing crew members; safely and efficiently processing paper from the board machine within customer specifications. Applicants must be available to work a rotating shift schedule and available to work required overtime and weekends when necessary. Applicants must be also willing to train and advance to Operator positions.
- Assist operators in hanging rolls, taping on, threading machine, setting cores and pulling and labeling in process rolls, quality checks, stacking paper, etc.
- Manually transport rolls to the scale, check widths, weigh, add required wrap and upend on skid.
- Operate lift truck as needed
- Perform administrative work checking quantity and sizes and typing data into a computer.
- Use of various hand tools (eg. utility knife, tape measures, scrapers, etc.) will be used in the course of business.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment.
- Other duties when necessary.
- High School diploma or GED
- 18 years of age minimum
- Minimum one (1) year experience in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable:
- Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment
- Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Solid computer skills
- Operate high speed equipment after an initial training period
- Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed