Neenah Inc. (NYSE:NP) is a multi-national technical products and premium paper company with over $1 billion in annual revenue. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Neenah has manufacturing, distribution, and service centers in Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Massachusetts, Great Britain, Germany and the Netherlands. We have grown significantly in recent years bringing more innovation and customization across all of our key business units. We continually add capabilities that will continue to accelerate our strategy and expand our target growth of Fine Paper & Packaging, Performance Materials and Filtration. We believe in high integrity, high expectations, and high performance, while providing a competitive total compensation and rewards package. Neenah provides the opportunity to make an impact.
We are actively pursuing an intern with a Mechanical Engineering degree to complete a 10 plus week internship program at the Brownville Mill in Brownville/ NY starting in May 2019. The internship will provide exposure to many aspects of operations including a multi-functional team setting, real time production, process experience and project work with specific deliverables and exposure to the mill leadership team. Interns will participate in mills and production line operations to learn technical properties and quality issues of paper or paper based materials.
Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business. Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Work with Technical team on process efficiency improvements, cost savings and/or technology advancement
- Work on projects assigned by mill leadership.
- Attend meetings with leadership team, reporting out on assigned tasks and present finding from special projects.
- Work with engineers and identify paper defects.
- Participate in new customer trials.
- Work with leadership to modify or create standard operating procedures
- Individual must be currently enrolled and working toward a BS in Paper Science, Chemistry or an Engineering discipline is required.
- Student will need to have completed a minimum of 2-full years of course work with preference for individuals who have completed 3-full years.
- Preference is a minimum 3.0 GPA in your academic field of study.
- Ideal candidates will possess high initiative and drive, with a curiosity to perpetually learn and improve our business.
- Key requirements include the ability to analyze information to find opportunities, effectively communicate, and work collaboratively in a team setting.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed