Neenah has built a tradition of innovation, service and growth since its founding in 1873 and we create value by improving the image and performance of everything we touch. Based in Alpharetta, GA with R&D and manufacturing facilities in the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Germany, Neenah is a publicly traded company and a global leader serving customers across 6 continents in more than 80 countries. We are a leading manufacturer of both specialty, performance-based products that serve a variety of end markets, and premium fine papers and packaging used to convey and enhance image through unique colors, textures, and finishes. Neenah presents true, varied and exciting choices that are both environmentally and aesthetically exceptional through sound environmental practices at our manufacturing facilities.
Neenah has an opening for a 3rd shift (11pm - 7am) Maintenance Mechanic to support our Neenah Facilities in Quakertown, PA .
Essential Skills and Function:
- Machine shop working knowledge
- Able to troubleshoot machine pneumatic, hydraulic, control and mechanical problems
- Must be safety orientated
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge and use of mechanical controls
- Strong communication, organizational and customer relations skills
- Read mechanical blue prints
- Plan tasks and work within budgets
- Provide quick and efficient service in a fast-paced environment, while effectively dealing with diverse personalities
- Problem-solve; minimizing machine downtime and ensuring safety
- Working ability with all hand and power tools; e.g., saws, drills, planers, pipe bender, pipe threader, etc.
- Flexible and willing to accept new challenges
This position has multiple physical demands including:
- Lifting 50-100 lbs. regularly, doing a considerable amount of bending, stooping, reaching, turning and twisting, climbing and working in high places, working safely around moving machinery, working in confined spaces, working with hazardous materials, and working in extremely hot areas.
Candidates must be physically able to perform job responsibilities. The Company reserves the right to review and test each applicant’s physical ability to perform the job.
- 5+ years of industrial manufacturing experience preferred.
- A combination of experience with pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, and pipefitting is desired.
- Ability to read instructions in English and communicate effectively in a team and self-directed environment.
- Ability to utilize a computer for time-keeping and equipment problem-solving.
- Must complete all job responsibilities without placing themselves or others at risk of injury.
- Successful candidates must pass various pre-employment tests prior to interviewing.
- H.S. Diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work schedule is 8 hours (1/2 hour for lunch) Monday – Friday. Over time, weekends, and call-ins are on an as needed basis.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related negotiated functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed