This entry level manufacturing position is responsible for working with Finishing crew members; safely and efficiently processing paper from the board machine within customer specifications. Positions are available on 2nd and 3rd shifts and applicants must be available to work required overtime and weekends when necessary. Applicants must be also willing to train and advance to Operator positions.
- Assist operators in hang rolls, taping on, threading machine, setting cores and pulling and labeling in
process rolls, quality checks, stacking paper, etc.
- Manually transport rolls to the scale, check widths, weigh, add required wrap and upend on skid.
- Operate lift truck as needed
- Perform administrative work checking quantity and sizes and typing data into a computer.
- Use of various hand tools (eg. utility knife, tape measures, scrapers, etc.) will be used in the course of business.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment.
- Other duties when necessary.
- High School diploma or GED
- 18 years of age minimum
- Minimum one (1) year experience in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
A combination of experience in the following areas is also desirable:
- Demonstrate personal safety awareness and promote a safe work environment
- Willing to work rotating shifts/overtime
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Solid computer skills
- Operate high speed equipment after an initial training period
- Paper machine, converting, or other process related experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team or self-directed work environment
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed