We are accepting applications from sons/daughters as well as non-dependent/non-family members to fill six (6) openings for our summer vacation relief positions. Rate of pay is $11.67/hour. These positions will be utilized between May 7, 2018 - September 10, 2018.
Selection Criteria include:
- First consideration will be given to:
- Previously employed summer vacation relief
- Children of active employees
- One entry per family, unless no other available candidates.
- Selection will be by sponsor employee mill seniority. Sponsor employee must be noted in the Reference Field of the application form.
- Must be enrolled as a fulltime student in an accredited college or technical school.
- Candidate must be able to fulfill the requirements of the essential functions of our jobs.
- The ability to work safely and productively in a mill environment. (shiftwork, long hours, hot environment). NOTE: Employees hired for vacation relief shall accrue no seniority and may be laid off or terminated at the discretion of the company at any time during this period.
This posting will be removed on April 6, 2018.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work seven (7) days per week when required
- Ability to work sixteen (16) hours per day when required
- Ability to respond to call-ins at any time of day or night
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
- Ability to safely bend, kneel, squat, stoop and maintain balance
- Ability to read and understand instructions, procedures, and equipment training manuals
- Ability to accurately read and record data
- Ability to climb stairs, steps, ladders, scaffolds, mobile lifts and elevator platforms
- Ability to safely operate/use manual and powered material handling equipment such as hand dolly, chain fall, chain hoist, electric hoist, tractor, truck
- Ability to safely work on and around moving equipment
- Ability to safely lift/move weights of up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to learn and utilize computer based systems
- Ability to safely work in a fast-paced environment and operate high-speed production equipment
- Ability to safely work in extreme temperatures (hot and cold) when necessary
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a high school graduate or have GED equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be willing to work rotating shifts/overtime
- Demonstrate good communication skills
- Possess technical/problem solving skills
- Contribute in a team environment to meet our business objectives
- With training, operate high-speed production equipment
- Be aware there may be periods of layoff
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed