Drive toward achieving an injury-free workplace
- Create a culture that promotes injury reporting and open dialog on safety behaviors.
- Support key initiatives that focus on regulatory compliance and elimination of loss potential.
- Lead by example and participate in the development and implementation of safety programs, activities, and initiatives.
- Set high expectations for crew participation in safety initiatives.
- Hold crew accountable for safety related behaviors and results.
Meet internal and external customer expectations for product quality and service.
- Develop and implement processes that will ensure consistent quality and delivery.
- Ensure our manufacturing personnel fully understand product specifications and functionality.
- Create a collaborative working relationship with all parts of the business as required to meet customer needs.
- Communicate quality and service expectations, ensure accountability, and provide feedback on results.
- Support R&D as applicable in the development of new/improved products.
Meet Throughput, Yield, and Uptime expectations (OEE)
- Develop and implement plans to meet and exceed targets.
- Lead efforts to resolve operational issues impacting asset performance.
- Work closely with Procurement and Customer Service on asset utilization strategy and scheduling rules that promote efficiency without jeopardizing service.
- Lead asset improvement activities and capability development, including recommendations and sponsorship of capital projects.
- Collaborate effectively with maintenance and engineering teams and help direct resources for asset maintenance and troubleshooting.
Achieve short and long term manufacturing cost advantage.
- Relentlessly pursue lowest total manufacturing cost solutions for the asset.
- Implement comprehensive processes and initiatives aimed at reducing operating costs, increasing employee involvement/ownership, and promoting continuous improvement.
- Create an environment where entire asset team continually drives out costs and identifies sources of waste to be eliminated.
Support mill and company environmental objectives and agenda
- Manage raw materials, processes and behaviors to ensure compliance with all company policies and regulations.
Develop and enhance the workforce assigned to or shared with RO Operations
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all employees.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment that encourages involvement, drives decision making to the lowest practical level, increases employee ownership and accountability, and promotes enthusiasm.
- Ensure workforce is effectively trained to execute operational plan
- Ensure all members of the workforce are given formal and informal performance evaluations.
- Share daily, weekly and monthly results vs. targets and all other information impacting asset performance.